ACTE Region II Conference
September 29-30, 2017
Jekyll Island, GA
Here is information about our upcoming 2017 DECA "Swamp" retreat. I have included the dates, an agenda, a sample contract, the camp's website and a flyer/permission form that I use with my students. The "Swamp" is a beautiful camp facility near Greensboro, GA off I-20. Please look at the website.
ACC Recreation Services, AKA "Camp Swamp", 1380 Maxeys Road, Union Point, GA 30069 www.campswamp.com
This will be the 10th Retreat. Students love it and it is a great opportunity to raise up leaders, prepare competitors and bond with fellow chapters.We need a total of 50 campers as a group to hold the retreat.
- Cost: $65 per camper, including adults. which includes use of the dining hall, sound system, pavilion fields, cabins, hay ride, camp fire, s'mores, Laser Tag and 3 great MEALS!!!!!!
- The retreat is from a Friday afternoon through lunch on Saturday. Cabins can be heated, if needed. The bath houses have heat, if needed, running water and private showers. (I call it "Glamping!")
- Chaperones: Each school must bring a proportional number of adults to chaperone your students. An same sex adult is required to sleep in each cabin with your students. Cabins hold 14 beds each.
- Once we pick a date, the next step is to commit to the number of campers you will bring. Bring a few or bring many! This can be done now or soon after we return in August.
- I will be the primary contact with the camp. Please tell me how many campers you will commit to. The camp will then send each school a contract for that amount of campers. Each school will be responsible for paying the camp directly. (The contract you get will be shorter than the attached examples).
- When you sign and return your contract, there will be a non - refundable deposit ($200 or 300) due. The final balance can be paid at the retreat,